Second Story Room Additions
Southern California as we all know has amazing weather and we all love to be outside enjoying it. If you are looking to add more square footage to your home without sacrificing any of your yard space then a second story room addition might be your ideal option.
Adding a 2nd story room addition to your home has many benefits besides just more space, such as:
- increase the value of your home
- add rental income
- replace an old existing roof
- give you a chance to redesign your current layout
- give you the ability to raise the height of your ceilings
- allow you to design the new space to best suit your needs
- give you a more organized and enjoyable lifestyle
- save your outdoor yard space
- let you remain in your current home and neighborhood
- skip the hassle of finding a new home, packing up and incurring moving expenses
There are a few things you will want to check before beginning to plan for a second story addition. First, make sure that your city will allow a second story and what, if any, are the build and height limitations. Next, if you have a homeowners association, you will need to know if they will allow a second story addition to the home. Then you will need to know if your existing foundation and footings can support the weight of a second story. If they cannot, this does not mean that you are out of luck. There are ways to beef up the footings and load bearing walls to get them ready for the new addition.
If you are not sure how to go about finding this information just give us a call and we can work with you to gather all pertinent information, come up with a design plan, get all blueprints and permits and fully execute and complete the build of the 2nd story. Another thing to consider when deciding to add a second story is cost. Call Elite Living Remodeling at 844-ELITE-03 to receive your free in-home consultation and estimate.